Wednesday, April 25, 2012

therapists in therapy


"...you become vulnerable. And, you kinda realise what your clients are going through in that process. So, for me that was very powerful (…). I suppose my own therapy has taught me that it is quite humbling to go through that process. To know the impact that it has on a person (…). I don’t think you can actually be a therapist without going through your own therapy, at some or other stage. I think you need to experience the therapeutic process. I have gained so much, you know, to work on with myself. And, being empowered (…). It is a process of continual evolvement"

Intern Psychologist commenting on her own development through personal therapy.
Extract from THERAPIST METAMORPHOSIS: BEGINNER AND EXPERIENCED PSYCHOTHERAPISTS’ JOURNEYS OF PROFESSIONAL THERAPEUTIC DEVELOPMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment